2020 Lacrima di Morro d'Alba DOC, Cantine Belisario

2020 Lacrima di Morro d'Alba DOC, Cantine Belisario

2018 Aglianico del Vulture DOC, Pipoli, Vingeti del Vulture

2018 Aglianico del Vulture DOC, Pipoli, Vingeti del Vulture

2017 Barbera d'Asti Superiore DOCG, Magister, Cantina di Nizza

2017 Barbera d'Asti Superiore DOCG, Magister, Cantina di Nizza

2020 Lacrima di Morro d'Alba DOC, Cantine Belisario

£15.70

An intense ruby red colour with violet reflections. Rose, geranium and violet perfumes are supported by notes of myrtle and cinnamon. Fresh and fruity on the palate, the Lacrima is dry and velvety with balsamic hints and good acidity. Medium bodied, it has soft tannins and a floral finish.

Availability: In stock
SKU
BEL101V20

All of the grapes were hand harvested in small crates. 90% of the fruit macerated for ten days on the skins in stainless steel tanks, while the remaining 10% underwent carbonic maceration as whole clusters. Fermentation lasted around 20 days at temperatures of 22-26°C. The wine was then aged in stainless steel tanks for three months, followed by a further three months in bottle before release.

The vineyards for this wine are located in the town of Morro d'Alba. They lie on south/south-east facing slopes at 180 metres above sea level. The mixed soils are predominantly clay. Vines are trained with Guyot system and they are planted with a density of 3,450 vines per hectare.

2020 began with a mild and dry winter, which marked the seventh consecutive year that winter temperatures have been above the historical average in Marche. Temperatures dropped 10°C below average in March, which delayed budburst by one week. There was also 111mm of rain recorded in March, which was welcomed after the prolonged period of winter drought. Summer was warm and sunny, and the shoot development was uniform and balanced. Harvest began in mid-September.

Learn more about the grapes in this wine

Lacrima

This product contains sulphites

It is an offence to purchase or attempt to purchase alcohol if you are under the age of 18


More Information
ABV13.50%
GrapeLacrima di Morro d'Alba
Oak AgedNo
RegionMarche
Size75cl
StyleMedium bodied
Vintage2020
ViticultureStandard
Back-order AvailableNo
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:2020 Lacrima di Morro d'Alba DOC, Cantine Belisario
Your Rating

We deliver to all UK mainland addresses.

For orders of £75 or more Standard delivery is FREE.

The following delivery options are available*:

Standard Delivery

£7.95 - Delivery in upto 3 working days. Orders received after 5pm will be considered as received the following working day.

Priority Delivery

£14.95 - Next day delivery, including Saturday. Orders received by 11am Monday through to Friday will be dispatched, subject to stock availability, the same day for delivery the next day. Orders received after 11am on Friday will be dispatched on the next working day.

For full details see our Delivery and Returns guide.

*Orders are delivered by a third party courier and we cannot guarantee delivery times.

If the goods in your parcel arrive damaged or were not what you ordered please contact us as soon as reasonably possible. In the case of damaged goods please include a photo when you get in touch with us.

Where necessary, we will arrange for a refund, including delivery costs, or a replacement to be sent out. If goods need to be returned to us we will arrange for collection at our expense.

For further details of our returns policy and your rights as an EU consumer please refer to our Terms of Sale.